No matter how much space we have, either at home or in the office, we will always find ourselves in need of more storage space. It doesn’t matter if you are living in a 1 bed studio flat, or a 6 bedroom mansion, we find ourselves always searching for another storage solution.
This can leave us looking for answers to find that extra room. Do you have a garage or loft that you can use as an extra dumping ground, or will the square bedroom have to make do. If you live in an apartment, you may not have the luxury of this kind of storage solution.
Check out our blog on making space in a small flat >>>
A lack of storage space at home or in the workplace can leave people to turn to self storage as a viable storage solution. With safe and secure storage units, and a number of security measures, you can guarantee it will be in good hands until you need them again.
One of the questions we hear get passed around frequently is, who actually uses a storage solution? Well, to help you out, we’ve put together a list of people who could benefit from some extra space in a self storage unit!
For Personal Reasons
There are a number of personal reasons why people could use self storage. Here’s a few examples:
Often seen as one of the most stressful times in anyone’s lives. People moving house may look to use a storage solution as a safety net. Something is bound to go wrong during your move, it’s never plain sailing! If you get let down by your removal company, or the house sale falls through, then you can put your belongings into self storage until the various issues get sorted, and you’re ready to get going again.
It isn’t always financially feasible to move home. So, your next best option could be to renovate your existing house! Whether that’s just a few fresh coats of paint, and some new furniture, or a completely new extension. Whatever home renovations you are going to do, the chances are you will end up making a bit of a mess. You don’t want to be getting dust, or paint on your sofa, that would be a nightmare. What are your options? You could just put a dust sheet over the top of it and hope that’s good enough, however it’s still going to be in the way. Another option is to store your furniture in a self storage unit, that way, your stuff is out of the way, while also being kept safe and secure.
Life is unpredictable, you truly never know what might be around the corner. Here’s a couple of life events that can leave you in need of a storage solution.
- Downsizing: Have you made the decision to move to a smaller home? What are you going to do with the belongings you no longer have room for? Ideally, you don’t want to get rid of them, unless you really have to. So why not look at renting out a self storage unit to house all of your extra belongings you no longer have the room for!
- Having A Baby: Finding out your family is getting bigger is a very exciting time in anyone’s lives. However, there are a lot of practicalities you’ll need to sort out before your bundle of joy arrives. Where are you going to set up the nursery? If you are planning on converting the spare room, what are you going to do with all the other furniture? This is where self storage comes in!
- Relationship Breakdown: It can be such a stressful time for everyone involved. If you are moving out, putting stuff into self storage can help ease the stress, and speed up the whole process. Then you can sort out belongings when you are ready, then you’ll be able to both move on with your lives!
Self storage isn’t just for personal use. We have seen many different businesses use self storage to help them grow! Take a look at a few examples here:
Are you an online retailer or eBay seller? You may have just started your own business and up till now have been working out of your living room. However, now you are ready to upgrade! Renting a self storage unit could be a great stepping stone for your business. You may not be quite ready to rent out a large warehouse, but you don’t want to be working out of your living room anymore! If you use a self storage unit, you could set yourself up some shelving units and a desk, and you could use it as a distribution hub.
No matter what type of business you home, one thing remains constant, and that is the importance of managing and storing business records. This can be from daily invoices and bills, to tax documents that you only need once a year. Business owners must keep track of a large amount of paperwork. As time goes on and your business starts to grow, continuing without a document storage plan could be a bit risky. The sooner you start managing and storing business records properly, the more efficient you will be as your business starts to expand.
Tools and Equipment
When your tools and equipment are an essential part of your business or livelihood, the cost of losing them could be substantial. Although it may be convenient to have your tools stored in your van right outside your door overnight, there is no guarantee your tools are safe! Have you assessed all your storage options? If you were to put your belongings into a safe and secure storage unit overnight, you’ll be able to come and go 24/7, meaning you can grab all your tools on your way to the next job.
Our Final Thoughts
As you can see, self storage isn’t made for just one type of person. It can provide a great storage solution for people and businesses in all kinds of situations.
There are also many benefits of choosing to store with RedSpot, such as:
- Drive up access to all your units, cutting out long trips up and down stairs and along corridors and save yourself valuable time if working to a deadline.
- You can stay as long as you need, no long term contracts to commit to!