Decluttering is a crucial task to help get your home, and life, back on track.
Nobody likes decluttering, it’s never fun, but sometimes it’s a necessity.
To help you out, we’ve gathered our 15 best decluttering tips to help you out…
- A “bag for life”, or lidded box is ideal to carry your items between rooms, or into the loft!. They’re much easier to manage, rather than just using your arms and seeing how much you can carry in one go. Save your arms, and get some bags or boxes!
- You can save yourself space by using the same style of hangar throughout your wardrobe. They allow your clothes to hang uniformly and in a more compact manner. Allowing you to hang more clothes.
- Shoe racks or see-through shoe boxes are a great way to organise your shoes. It also makes them easy to identify while they are in storage. You can see what you actually have!
- Have you got multiple remotes for your TV, Sky box, DVD player etc? Use a small basket or box to help save space, and keep things tidy. Or you could get an all in one remote, but they can be on the pricy side.
- Keep original packaging of your electrical items. This will help make storing and transporting them much easier. It will also be helpful when you come to selling these items in the future.
- When you’re packing away your books, DVD’s or CD’s for storage, make sure to label your boxes clearly. This will help make life easier when you come to trying to find something.
- Proper jewellery storage and boxes make it easier to find things when you’re pulling an outfit together. It also prevents it from getting damaged or tangled.
- Have you got any old blankets or duvets you no longer use? Donate them to animal hospices, as they can be used for bedding! Rather than chucking them away, where they’ll end up in land fill.
- Remember to keep all medicines out of reach of children. A lockable cabinet is best! Your local pharmacist will take your old medicines and dispose of them for you!
- Transparent storage boxes are great, as you can see what’s inside. However, they aren’t great for storage if you are using storage for long term. Use cardboard boxes as they act like a dehumidifier, and don’t make your items sweat.
- Roll your socks up like a Marine to keep them in pairs. This not only stops them getting tangles, but saves a load of space too!
- Consider fabric hankies;. They last longer and are one less thing to throw in landfill. Regular washing will keep them fresh too.
- Use colour coded recycling boxes to help you sort your recycling. Some local councils provide them for free too!
- Consider using towels more than once, and wash them less frequently. This will help save on electricity, water, detergent, therefore your time and money.
- Keeping on top on rubbish such as packaging, waste paper and other generally unwanted items will save you time and keep your bedroom clear!
We hope you found these decluttering tips helpful, and you are now well on your way to getting your life back on track.
If you find that you are in need of some extra storage space while decluttering, get in touch with our team today.