Whether you’re looking at moving into the Hungerford area, or been living there for a while and not quite sure what there is out and about. We thought we’d share some of our local knowledge passed to us by some of our lovely customers about what there is to do in Hungerford.
Hungerford is a lively little town, with something always going on. It is regarded as a very desirable place to live, whether in the town or one of the many surrounding villages.
Hungerford is most commonly known as a historic market town and a civil parish in the county of Berkshire.
Hungerford offers all the shops and services you will need on a daily basis, including butchers, bakers, banks, supermarkets and post office.
A Bit Of Shopping!
On the occasions when you need something special, you don’t have to travel any further. Hungerford has a great selection of shops that are a must to check out:
- Located on Bridge Street, Hungerford and catering for both men and women. Roxtons is a retailer of lifestyle accessories and gifts as well as shooting, polo and country clothing.
- Another clothing shop located on Bridge Street, Hungerford, that could be worth checking out is White Coco. They were born in 2012 with an aim to form a collection of handpicked clothes that create an effortless and elegant look.
Mojo and Mcoy
- If you’re looking for something that’s extra special, then you could have a look at Mojo and Mcoy. They started from a group of Wiltshire business women with a passion for great denim, unique labels, customer service and ageless design trends.
These are just a few shops that some of our lovely customers have recommended to us.
Some places to eat locally!
On the move from one part Hungerford to another, or moving into the area? When your pots and pans are hidden away in your storage unit, treat yourself and check out some of these great places for a local meal…
John O’Gaunt – Hungerford
- A family owned FCree House and Brewpub in the heart of the town. The pub is a listed 16th century building which has been sympathetically restored.
Honesty Cafe – Hungerford
- The Honesty group has a number of coffee shops which are located across Berkshire and Hampshire. They provide the environment in which to relax, chat, eat and drink!
Elaines of Hungerford
- Are you more into healthy, clean eating? It might be worth checking out Elaines. They are a flagship restaurant conveniently located on the main high street of Hungerford. They are the place where everyone has the choice to eat nutrition yet delicious food.
Pheasant Pub Lambourn
- Located north of Hungerford abd close to Junction 14 of the M4 motorway. Popular and newly refurbished pub and it’s eleven en-suite guest rooms offer an adventurous drinks menu, flavoursome modern British cooking and luxurious accommodation.
There are many other awesome places in Hungerford that are well worth checking out.
Things to do
The Hungerford area also has a large amount of fun outdoor things to do, that could be ideal for the weekend.
One place that is worth checking out is Walbury Hill. The hill is 297 metres above sea level, which makes it the highest hill in Berkshire and the highest natural point in South East England.
Walbury Hill is one of the three nationally important chalk wild grass lands in the North Wessex Downs, the others being Rushmore and Conholt Downs.
In fact, if you’re a fan of walking or taking your dogs out, with Hungerford surrounded by the North Wessex Downs AONB, you’re in the ideal place for a hike.
Another place worth checking out near Hungerford is Littlecote Roman Villa. It is a Roman winged corridor villa and associated religious complex at Littlecote Park. It has been archaeologically excavated and is on display to the public.
Horse racing forms a major industry in the area, largely because of the good quality turf that comes with the chalk underlay. Several of the upland villages, especially Lambourn are home to major racing stables.
Hopefully, we have shared plenty of great places and things to check out in the Hungerford area.
If you are moving into Hungerford in the near future, RedSpot offers some great self storage solutions to help make your house move stress free.